Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Looks like I was wrong.....



3rd Hour....The Lunch Class :)


I began thinking about my statement today about Koala Bears and the fact that the eucalyptus that the eat puts the Koala's in a trance.....I was wrong, find why Koalas sleep all but 8 hours a day below.......(information retrieved from wikipedia)



Koalas have a slow metabolic rate due to their high-fiber, low nutrient diet. Because they store little or no fat, koalas must adopt strategies that conserve energy. Sleeping is one of them.Koalas sleep for up to 16 hours per day in order to conserve energy.A very slow metabolic rate optimizes its energy requirements and allows koalas to retain food within their digestive system for a relatively long period of time, maximizing the amount of extracted energy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mrwells well its funny you started to make me believe you about the koala bears and the eucalyptus well i gtg (got to go) im going to look at the rest of the blogs

Erika Holbert

Anonymous said...

my dog ain't stupid...

Anonymous said...

hey
i love 3rd hour
WE ARE THE BEST
were going to win the greek olympics
because we freakin rock

Anonymous said...

I see me. barely. well how u beem. see u later, on wednesday.

Anonymous said...

Im rite w/ John. we are the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!