Thursday, December 25, 2008

I Made It!!!!!!

Wow.....this is crazy. First off, I am still alive! I have found a computer at one of Enelio´s friends house but I have yet to get it to read my pictures....so for know I hope this will do. I already have some amazing pictures and about a million stories. The house I am using the computer is named Armando he is also the person that picked us up from the airport. Last night I was able to meet Enelio´s Brother Chucho as well as his mother. Soon after Enelio took me out to meet the rest of his town, these are some of the nicest people that I have ever been around...and lets just say they truely know how to celebrate a holiday. I just came in to use this computer and have a full table of drinks and food in front of me....and the food (mostly meat) is great, hopefully I dont get any diseases! Today we had a cookout with about 20 of Enelio´s friends on the edge of the mountians and the sugar cane fields. I am having a difficult time operating a computer and communicating in a language that I have never learned.......if I would have only taken Spanish. The hard bed, cold shower, and outdoor restrooms are taking some adjustments....who would have ever thought you would have to fight off chicken when takeing a shower! I believe we have a full night planned ahead and I think we are going to ride bikes in the mountians tomorrow....I hope I can get some pictures loaded soon. Hope all is well back home....it was pushing high 80´s today and I have offically gotten used to sweating non stop. Until next time friends......adios amigos!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you made it! Sounds like a real hoot. Waiting for pictures. Love ya, Aunt Roxana

Anonymous said...

Hooray, you made it!!! Can't wait to hear all of your stories...and see those pictures. Did you distribute your gifts? How was the airport? Did you leave your bags overnight like Enelio suggested? Dad wants to know if you had to throw your "roll" yet? Keep us updated.
Harley wants to know if you found any friends for him.
Your, M and D

Anonymous said...

HELLO PODGE AND OLEO DONT GET SUNBURNEDIN THAT HOT CLIMATE COME BACK INTWO PIECES I MISS MY HEROS OLEO TEACH DT TO SPEAK SPANISH HE CAN SPEAK JAPANESE HAPPY HOLIDAY POPAW