Sunday, December 28, 2008

....volver de Cali!

It´s HOT down here!!!!

Some more quick notes......
1. I went to a birthday party with a live marichi band and ended up salsa dancing....yes Page....they took pictures (see below) but I am not going to guarantee you a pic of me playing soccer... (as you can see I look comfortable...)



2. During the birtday party three of Enelios old teamates came in from Cali to pick us up.....we went salsa dancing yet again (until five in the morning).....I have found it a new hobby of mine to people watch and simply pray that one day I will have the coordination of a salsa dancing Colombian!

3. Not only can the people here not drive but I found in Cali today there are no lines on the roads....

4.Another reason we went to Cali was for Enelio to play in a 3 on 3 tournament (pool play today tournament play tomorrow)....I think Me, Page, and Oser could do some damage in it.... Enelio is like a king in Cali and did two TV interviews within our first five minutes of arriving...


5. Mom I know you told me to not eat the meat hanging on the street with the flies around it so I just took some pictures next to it.....


6. O yeah mom, after the pictures we bought some ribs and took it back for Enelio´s Mother too cook, here is me eating it below......I guess I should have got that typhoid vaccination after all!



7. Before the Birthday Party last night we went to another party over at Armando´s house were we ate more meat .......German was our own Rachel Ray (see below)


I have found that the trip would be rather difficult if Enelio wasnt translating and I have also learned that any time anyone asks me anything I just say yes ¨ci¨ ....so that way they dont know I am an American! The park we played ball at today had been closed because some of the drug dealers had lost a game they had a couple of thousand bucks on so instead of paying up...they just killed their opponent! But, again I have never felt in danger and the people here are very, very friendly....I could easily see myself making a return trip! Enelio says its time to roll.......vamos-DTW

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a partying place!!! You gotta loosen up to do the salsa....Thanks for my birthday call. It was a first!! Have fun, and just let the other team win if there is any question.

Anonymous said...

We are really enjoying your pictures and comments. Love your action dancing pictures. Maybe you could go to Authur Murray Dance Studio before you make a return trip.

Your Party Right Production Website has bouncing action figures...it looks fantastic!

Start taking your antibiotic if you are feeling sick from eating the questionable food...or an antacid...or both.

It was 85 in Gulf Shores today!


Should I be worried about how Columbian's celebrate New Years?

Roxana loved her birthday phone call from you and Enelio. Sarah and the boys called her too.

Love you lots. Stay safe.

M and D

Anonymous said...

I have been reading about Colombia.Several churches and univerities date back to 1050. Since you are a History buff I think you would appreciate these places. Afraid you and Enelio are dancing and partying and not seeing the historial spots. I would also go to the gold mines and bring some home!!!! Take care. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Anonymous said...

Looks like your having another great adventure, take care and have fun.

Kim Z.

Anonymous said...

I like the chick you are dancing with, bring her home.

Wallace

Anonymous said...

A friend told me this place I have been looking for, I come, it turned out, I have not disappointed, good Blog
fishing net