Wednesday, December 31, 2008

.....New Amigos!

Howdy Folks......

A few notes before the parties begin tonight...hopefully these will not be my last words you here from me...I hope to post one more time tomorrow before starting the trek back to the bluegrass.....and a warm shower! Also...Mom I´d like to say I´m sorry for taunting you with the pictures of the meat.....my zest for food has finally caught up with me and I believe I have some serious stomach issues.....but nonetheless I will not let it damper my journey! I think I just found my next trip....a marathon in Antarctica!

1. We went out with our friends last night to Palmira, we met at Fernando´s house and then went out to a resturant at the mall....good times! I dont think my flash was working!



The crew out in Palmira (notice I have a slight sunburn....)


Professional Dancers......all I can say is WOW!

2. I have seen some pretty creative vehicles.....but this motorcycle/truck may be one of the craftyist things that I have seen yet!


The pic above is of our bus that had to stop for gas, as you can see above at the gas station they also have natural gas which some cars run off of. I have to say I am still amazed I have not seen 1 accident on the road yet.......
3. Again, I cant say enough for what Enelio does for his community, not only did he bring 300 pounds of clothes for the people (there are alot of kids wearing around SCMS State Champs Shirts) but some people also gave Enelio some money for the trip and he bought groceries for five families....here is one below. Make sure and check out the picture of the chicken, I got to see Enelio´s dad put it in that bag when I was shaving this morning...quite an art.



4. Today at the corner store I bought some M&M´s ....they were under lock and key.....still unsure why. Here are some pictures from the store Enelio used to hang out in Palmira....



5. Enelio took me to visit his old home...they rented two rooms in this complex and shared one bathroom and a shower with up to four other families.......


6. Angie....I also had the opprotunity to have my first glass of Colombian Milk......and lets just say it was straight from the cow....I think I am going to stick to the good ol 2%!


7. Here are some random pictures that I found interesting.....
This dog was on the third story...and was trying to kill us!
My favorite house..note the two Shamu´s adorning the roof line....I think I may try this in Canewood!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see pictures of New Year's Eve party! Don't forget 60ish and rich! Be careful.

Anonymous said...

Eat crackers. Drink sprite or bottled water. Take your antibotic and call Dr. Lyon for an appointment for Monday. That's all of my advice for now. Love you and see you on
Saturday when we get home from Gulf Shores. m and d

p.s. Your dad said don't look sick or they won't let you on the plane.

Anonymous said...

Ok.... where are you D, ready for pictures from New Years! PS - Happy new year, love you - E

Anonymous said...

hey mr.wells :)
Victoris Hammons

Anonymous said...

I will pass on your article introduced to my other friends, because really good!

Anonymous said...

hey mr.wells the pic with u and the dancers in the red, well I'm sorry to say I think they r to old 4 u. Haha.
~Olivia VanSteenbergh~

Anonymous said...

HEY(those to girls in red) ;)
Cody B

Anonymous said...

See you in these things, I think, I started feeling good!
Sports Net

Anonymous said...

i want the shamo house !!!!!!!
~ Hannah Messer

Anonymous said...

hey mr.wells !!!
~Hannah Messer

Anonymous said...

i got plenty of them dancers youll say more then wow whem you get some your self.-blake bryant