Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Day 7


Mayor of Tahara, Patton Sensei, and Myself

The sun finally came out!! Today both Patton Sensei and myself had a meeting @ City Hall with Mayor Suzuki of Tahara to present him with a "Key to the City of Georgetown" sent with us by Mayor Varney. Along with meeting the Mayor we also had a great visit with the lead member of the Tahara City Council. After visiting at city hall I began my trip to Izumi JHS(if you look at it on the map you will see why I call it a trip...it is at the END of the peninsula). Upon arrival at Izumi I was introduced to to my last host family and was also able to visit with both John and Morgan who are attending Iragomisaki JHS Sunday-Wednesday of this week. I was able to see John taking part in the Kendo Club and Morgan participating in the Ping Pong Club. As you will see in the picture below Morgan is wearing the school uniform and is hard to pick out in the crowd! Tomorrow (Wednesday) will be are last full day in Tahara as we will be being our World wind Tour of Japan on Thursday Morning with a trip to Tokyo (my first time in Tokyo). Everyone is doing well here and we hope that everyone is enjoying summer back home! We (two weekers) will be home in less than a week so we have to take advantage of the time we have left! Take Care



This sign reads conserve energy...with the recent tsunami this has become a huge iniative in Japan. Of the two elevators in City Hall only one was turned on, the other was left off to conserve energy!



John Getting Ready for his Kendo Match



Morgan Giving the thumbs up!



Morgan and her host!



Atsumi Hanto our view for dinner tonight with my new host family!



In a completely unrelated picture...check out the top of the toilet...it looks like a faucet..but dont be fooled its only for decoration...

1 comment:

KYmomx3 said...

It is so cool learning about different cultures. I love talking with my husband's Japanese Co-workers. They love to share and compare our cultures and you learn so much! How fun for you!