Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 3 (Sunday) Pictures and Reflections

Today I got a rather late start than normal...I was up until 3am uploading pictures last night so I didnt arise until around 11...The Kawai Family are great hosts, after breakfast we spent the morning looking through my pictures of friends and family. Here is a picture of the house I am staying in now:



After looking through some pictures we met Mr. Kawai (Masato) at the library and we went to lunch at a sushi bar (complete with a conveyer belt :) For those that enjoy Sushi..please try to enjoy these pictures of us enjoying it..lol






After eating we went shopping for a bit (mall was a little to pricey for my budget...then we went to check out a castle....




If you can see the building in the corner...come to find out that is not the castle...only what is left of the castle. You may wonder what happened to the rest of it...well I did too and I asked Mr. Kawai. He nicely replied that it was destroyed by the Americans in WW2. Mr. Kawai went on to tell me that his Father fought in WW2...I have to say while disturbing, I found our conversation to be very interesting. Who would have thought that just a few years later after WWI a friendship would be able to exist?? I find that Japanese people while mostly serious are very kind and are full of life, I find it a blessing that I am able to experience such trips and conversation such as what is mentioned above....while I miss my family back home, I'm having a great time with my host family!!!

No comments: