Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 6 Wednesday...Last Night with Host Family

So I decided on my last night I would cook for the Kawai Family..an American Meal..On the menu..Corn on the cob..Cheeseburgers..and Ice Cream... A couple of things I found out..On this simple trip to grocery store to make a simple meal for 3 people.... 1. I wanted to buy watermelon..see below pic..it cost $30+...so I settled on ice cream 2. When we checked out we had to buy the plastic bag for our groceries..please dont tell Kroger or Walmart this.. 3. The simple meal above cost around $60 bucks..I think I'd rather eat at Malone's! 4. The men here dont work in the kitchen..but I guilted Mr. Kawai into helping cut the bread..hope that was offensive...Mrs. Kawai was my assistant in the kitchen 5. My host family suprised me with a birthday cake..more gifts..and gifts for my family at the meal....crazy nice people! My Grocery Story Translator...

I have a college friend here Jennifer..she has a blog...only about all the different flavors of kit kats that she has tried here...check it out! http://jenkenskitkatblog.blogspot.com/


This video is Priceless..and speaks for itself...the Japanese are GREAT hosts!!!

2 comments:

Mary Jo said...

D.T.- As I have said before you are doing a fantastic job documenting this exchange experience. I have really enjoyed reading your posts and seeing what pictures you upload. Maybe a second career in tourism or travel is in your future. . . Stranger things have happened. . . MJ Johnson

AbbyS. said...

I hope you enjoyed your birsday! Cute video. I am enjoying the blog updates!!