Saturday, June 12, 2010

Last of Day 2 (Saturday)

After leaving the shrine,we did a little shopping and ate some junk food...here is what they call red happiness...I didnt have the same opinion...


While shopping I got some personalized Chop Sticks

I also found some competition for Party Right's Pete the Polar Bear Snow Cone Machine...We have them beat in price and looks :)

We drove around the bay close to Nagoya to a botanical garden, a pretty place, I think Augusta National still has it beat..but it was still impressive!





We then ended the night with a Chinese meal, I have to say Japanese Chinese Food isn't so bad...

On the way out we found hundreds of Japanese people looking for the glowing worm....they were taking pictures like they were looking for panda..come to find out they were just watching lightening bugs....the same ol' bugs I put in a jar to keep as a kid...only to wake up and find them dead, guess I'll keep that story to myself :)

Tonight I begin my last of 3 home stays with Mr. Kawai and his family. I will be here until Thursday when we will leave to go touring around Japan before we return to Kentucky. I think I may be getting a tad sick as my throat is swollen..but my good ol' sis sent me with some meds that will hopefully whip it!

No comments: