Thursday, June 10, 2010

The Eagle Has Landed!!!

So all 16 in the group have landed safely...I promise. We arrived at the airport around 600 and then took a two hour bus ride to Tahara where we met up with our host families. The principal of the junior high will be my host tonight, then tomorrow it will be the assistant principal, and then the rest of the time I will be staying with one of the board of education memembers here in Tahara. The trip over went rather smoothly..other than a slight accident I was involved in on the way to the airport. I have alot of pictures to post but not sure I am going to be able to get them up tonight as I dont know Japanese well enough to find the flash drive on this computer (i also dont know it well enough to ask for a shower..which i need really bad). Looks like tomorrow all of the students will be traveling to school with their host student and then we will be having our opening ceremonies. Im extremely impressed with the group so far, Nathan has done a great job preparing them with their Japanese skills that the people here are almost suprised how well they speak. I am looking forward to getting some pictures up tomorrow. If you have any picture requests please send them to danieltaylorwells@yahoo.com -DTW

1 comment:

Mary Jo said...

DT-It looks like you are having a good time. It is great that you are posting pictures and videos of you stay-very interesting. Thanks for sharing! MJ