Sunday, April 8, 2007

Easter Sunday Church

After breakfest we were met by teachers from a Hong Kong School that took us to St. Andrew's Church, an english speaking Christian Church with an Australian Pastor (quite interesting). Church was just like any other Sunday and I found it to be quite interesting. The message was about the importance of Easter more that Christmas because any Christian can explain about Jesus' Birth but the real amazing part is about his rising from the grave. So I have now had a little Buddhist background and now some Christianity background. After church we ate at a Chinese resturant but it had an almost normal taste, I had spagetti with bologna for lunch (mom I picked around the bologna). At lunch we finally met up with Dr. Peter Wong which is kind of like the Dr. B of Hong Kong and he is also the leader in Hong Kong for Invitational Education (which is the real reason I am here, to evaluate schools for invitational practices). Here is a picture of me with Dr. Wong...he's kind of a big deal over here. After lunch we (Francis O'Hara Principal of new Technical School and his wife) headed out to do a little shoping on our way home. At the bottom here I have included a couple of random pictures of the day so far, the first one is a picture of the inside of the church that we attended today, the second one is a picture of bamboo scaffolding around a sign that is being worked on..this bamboo scaffolding is also used for any type of scaffolding no matter how big the job, the third picture below is of the street that we went shopping down today. Today at church we also met up with the rest of our group, Ken Wright (curr. director of SC) his wife and Jen Patrick both teachers at Anne Mason Elementary who are here to put on a professional development all week. I just stopped by the room to get out of my church clothes, now we are leaving for a peak that gives a great view of downtown Hong Kong, hopefully I will have alot of good pictures for you all tonight....which is early morning for you all ....dont forget that Hong Kong is 12 Hours ahead. I think I am offically having cell phone withdraws...I havent used a phone or a cell phone or email since before I left Georgetown on Wednesday...makes life alot different. Hope everyone has a good Easter morning!! Take Care-DTW

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha um our church was just allllittllleeee bit different than that, kinda more like a big soccer satdium filled with 2000 people. man, you have got to see the pics i took of tyler and zack today at the mall. mw and deanna picked out pretty clothes for them. i would send them to you but thier computer here wont recognize my camera i dont know whats up. but o well.

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! The church looks so beautiful!! It sounds like your learning a lot over spring break!!! Fun!!!

Amanda 2nd hour