Monday, April 9, 2007

Hong Kong History Museum

After breakfast today the SC students along with their Hong Kong host families as well as the adminstrators of the Aw Boon Secondary School picked us up at our hotel in a charter bus (a big deal in Hong Kong) and took us right to the front door of the history museum. This history museum was a very interesting because it revealed the history of Hong Kong from 4M years ago all the way until recent history....did you know that after the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor they then also did the same type of attack on Hong Kong (which was under British rule at the time)? We spent about two hours at the history museum which included many videos and about three or four stories of exhibits that walked everyone throught the history of Hong Kong, I can guarantee you that these students are getting the total Hong Kong experience. The adminstrators and educators at the Aw Boon School are really giving us a first class visit to Hong Kong, I hope we can top it when they come back our way in October for the International Invitational Education Leadership Conference in Georgetown! After lunch (at McDonalds) we then took the kids down to ladies street the kids then went on with Paul and the host families to see the Temple Street Night Market and the Symphony of Lights. I dont think my sore feet are going to make that trip. I did find out that I get to go to the Ocean Park (like Kings Island) with the kids tomorrow...should be a great experience....then I have to do some school evaluations the first half of the day on Wednesday...I have attached some pictures with a little description of what each picture is, I hope you enjoy. Our Scott County group has also met up with Educators from Ashville, North Carolina as well as adminstrators from Columbus, Ohio...this trip has turned into a great way to showcase our district as well as learn what other districts/countries are doing in the world of education. It may be hard to believe but the Hong Kong educators said that we are really helping out the teachers by coming here...a real compliment! I will be going back down to ladies market later today to make some more deals. Hopefully I will get another post up tonight with some more pictures....Mrs. Jennings got any advice on any other places I need to see??? Just to let you know I havent tried duck tounge yet..but plan too!-DTW

Below is a picture of the daughter Deanna's Host Family.
Below is a picture of Allie and her host student, she has really had a good time with this young lady, they were even hooping it up in the park together last night! (maybe Allie can make a free throw now!)
I took this picture below because I thought it looked alot like Mr. Lykins, What do you all think?
Mom, I knew you would appricate this picture, I have now eaten at McD's three times now and I plan on hitting it up many more times to come!
Below is a picture of another street market except on this street most of the goods sold are home goods, they also have a flower street, fish street...I think you get the point!

Below is a picture of Deanna and her host student!

...let me explain this picture below...lets just say I smelled the worst smell I have ever smelled in my life, so I went over and took a picture of what it was. This was a truck (sitting right on the street) that was going around and picking up all of the scrap meat (dont ask me what is scrap they eat 99% of every animal they kill) from the resturants...I hope I never have to smell this again!






5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will enjoy Ocean Park. I am sure Nicole will tell you the log flume story from when we went before. The ride on the cable car to the other side of the park is scary, but there is a great view. I hope Nicole is not still driving everyone crazy. I hope she has luck on her Coach purse quest! We are enjoying your updates every day and the pictures. They are more detailed than Nicole's e-mails! Enjoy the rest of your week there!

Arden Goodman

Anonymous said...

They were probably taking the STINKY meat to the McDonalds processing plant, so you could have it later. Bring home the BEEF!!!!!!

The Captain....

Anonymous said...

That meat just looks NASTY i DONT evenm want to smell it!!!

~!Brittany Hillard!~

Anonymous said...

Discusting...I wounder what they do with that stuff...do I WANT to know?
Do they pronouce 'McDonald's' the same way they do in KY? I suppose they would just 'cause a company's name...

Anonymous said...

EWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is gross! The picture of the dragon does look like Mr.Lykins! lol j/k j/k! I loved the pictures beside the meat one! lol!

Amanda 2nd hour