Saturday, April 7, 2007

Time to Crash!!!

Its about 10:45 in Hong Kong right now, Mr. Staker and myself just got done talking in the lobby resturant with some educators from Ashville, NC that are traveling with our group. We went down (for the second time) to Ladies Street tonight and I bought a couple of gifts to bring home....Roxana I hope what I got you is ok....They really love to haggle you about prices every deal is almost like you are buying a 20,000 dollar car from them. I bought some phone charms tonight, the lady started asking 25 Hong Kong Dollars a piece for them, I ended up getting 3 for 2o Hong Kong Dollars (Dad looks like your bargining skills rubbed off). The bad part is I like trying to get their price down, after I bought one gift tonight the lady told me not to come back :) If you dont buy things from them they WILL follow you down the street shouting "Hello" and asking you what you want to pay for certain things. We will be heading to an English Speaking Christian Church at 10:30 in the morning, I hope to get alot of pictures for everyone to see. I also think that some students from Hong Kong will soon be posting comments on this Blog, if you look down on of the Principal's from Aw Boon Secondary School has already posted a comment (isnt technology crazy!). A little history for Easter, in China Christian Churches must first be cleared to become a church and everyone that is a member must first register with the government so many Christians in China are forming "underground" Christian Churches.....this is kinda crazy but if you think about it they have come a long way since the Chinese banned Christianity years ago. Something else crazy that I found out today when looking at the giant buddha statue, the statue had a huge symbol that looked like a Nazi symbol on it's chest, come to find out the Germans stole this symbol from the Buddhists and turned it into something negative...more knowledge.... I am doubting that the Easter Bunny is going to come see me at the Hotel tonight, but I am still holding out hope. Maybe the Easter Bunny will just bring by a newspaper like he did Friday morning....Take Care-DTW

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY MR WELLS WAT IS UP??...HOW ARE YEW???...WELL OUR CLAS WAS GOOD EXEPT FOR ONE LITTLE TINY THING!!!..BUT I WONT SAY!!...SOOO WAT DOES THE FOOD TATSE LIKE DOWN THERE??...DO YEW HAVE ANY FRIENDS!!
WELL TELL ME ALL ABOUT YOUR TRIP!!!
`ZAITRESE`

Anonymous said...

HEY MR WELLS WAT IS UP????...YEA I KNO I JUST SENT U A COMMENT LIKE 2 SEC. AGO!!...LOL...BUT NE WAYS HAVE YEW SEEN ANY GURLS THT U LIKE DOWN THERE...IS IT BETTER DOWN THERE THAN HERE???...IT IS FREEZING AND SNOWING DOWN HERE!!!!
DO YOU BELIVE THT????...WELL I GEUSS I WILL TLK TO YA LATER!!!
ZAITRESE

Anonymous said...

The information was interesting! China has come a long way! Whatever you got is fine! It's stuff!!!!!

Amanda 2nd hour

Anonymous said...

HEY MR. WELLS

WATS UP????

I JUST LEFT YOU A COMMENT!..lol

~zAiTrEsE~

Anonymous said...

I wounder if they're always that way when selling something...but I'm glad you worked out a deal! Deals are the BEST! :D
Just know what you're payin' for, make sure it's worth it, and you'll be fine.

Mary Jo said...

D.T. Maybe the Easter Bunny will leave you a basket in here in Georgetown for you to enjoy when you return. You are doing a great job with the pictures and your posts. It is great to hear all about your stay in Hong Kong. I am sorry we did not think to put a counter on your blog-it would be interesting to see how many "hits" you get a day. I can't wait to see the rest of your pictures-the ones you have posted are great.Take care. MJJohonson

Anonymous said...

HEYY MISTA WELLS WHATS UP? I LOVE YOUR PICTURES THEY ARE SO0O0O0O KOOL I REALLY REALLY LIKE THEM ...LOL IS IT KOOL THERE THAT WOULD BE REALLY EMMBARASSING IF A HONG KONG PERSON FOLLOWED YOU AROUND THERRR LOL WELL IM GONNA GO OK C YA-REYNOLDS